2) Darkness prevents light pollution and its consequential maladies.
3) The presence of true, continuous darkness enhances both the quality and quantity of our sleep. On the otherhand fluorescent lights from electric bulbs, tablets and cell phones keep us awake the most. But red and yellow lights from candlelight or lamps are naturally dimmer, and so do not affect much. Anyhow darkness in the bedroom is always safer while sleeping!
4) In darkness 'fight or flight' hormone or 'Adrenalin' is not activated much. So stress mechanism is properly controlled. Owing to less stress and depression more immunity against diseases will be developed.
5) Darkness reduces constipation, stomach ulcers, heart diseases and different kinds of cancer also.
6) If we get the sweet zone of seven to eight hours sleep, we feel ourselves comfortable, peaceful and with strong ability to think clearly.
7) We can improve cognitive skills, memory power, proper communication, and consistent mood without auditory or visual hallucinations during the day. This is very much important for students and their teachers. School and college managements should understand this biological and psychological logic behind studies.
8) Dark nights with sound sleep avoid facial wrinkles, skin blemishes, acne, but increases sex drive.
9) Other very serious disorders can be prevented due to dark nights like obesity, diabetes, fibromyalsia, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
10) During dark nights more "Dracula hormone" or "Melatonin" is produced. Low levels of melatonin is associated with certain cancers. Melatonin checks cancer cells from growing (atrophy) further.
11) Different kinds of cancers like blood cancer (leukaemia), breast cancer, colo-rectal cancer, prostrate cancer, etc can be prevented due to sufficient darkness during nights.
12) Females in prolonged darkness during nights are competitively less prone to breast cancer.
13) Dark nights let children sleep very well and hardly get blood cancer called leukaemia.
14) Males who prefer dark nights and less artificial lights have less chances of getting prostrate cancer.
15) It is estimated that nearly 40 percent of Americans sleep less than seven hours per night. We call it "insomnia." This may be probably due to lack of continuous darkness during nights along with over use of electrical and electronic devices.
2) A number of insects, birds and animals are active during dark nights to eke out their living like hunting the prey, and mating, besides conserving energy and water in the body.
3) Dark nights keep populations of different animal species on the earth safe or else they may become extinct.
4) Millions of migratory birds can be saved from dying if nights are kept dark.
2) A number of plants are pollinated by nocturnal insects, birds and animals only during dark nights. This in turn decides the quality and quantity grains and fruits and their dependents in the food chain.
2) Less number of electricity projects are required, thereby destruction of hilly tracks, forests, rivers, and other water bodies can be minimized.
3) No need of nuclear reactors to generate electricity and thereby no nuclear accidents or radioactive fallouts!
2) We can save billions of dollars from wasting on constructing hydroelectric projects, their maintenance, dredging and flash floods due to breaches in dams.
2) We can save billions of dollars being spent on health bills aggravated due to loght pollution and related diseases.